Sr. Business Manager, Fraud
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Manager, Fraud
Fraud - when a customer's credit card or personal information is stolen - is a defining and increasingly frequent moment in our customers' financial lives. According to Experian, in 2017 alone 14 million credit card numbers and 158 million social security numbers were exposed. We on the Fraud Digital Products team seek to prevent fraud from happening to our customers, and, if it does, to turn a frustrating and frightening moment into an affirming one. Our current products include Fraud Alerts, Card Lock, Digital Fraud & Disputes Reporting, and the Fraud Orchestration Engine.
As a Senior Manager on our team, you own the strategy for our fraud & disputes reporting products. We are looking to reinvent how we handle these "transaction trouble" moments, with a focus on customization, transparency, and real-time technology. You directly manage product managers to prioritize a roadmap of infrastructure and customer-facing feature enhancements, as well as analysts to monitor our current experiences and generate insights about where our products should go next. You help your associates grow and can rally cross-functional teams of designers, engineers, operations experts, and your peers in the business around a shared goal. You also generate buy-in for your product and vision with senior leaders.
How do you do that? You love consumer software products and can bring an analytical and data-driven mindset to problems of consumer behavior. You enjoy working with a team of diverse peers: knowing you are not the expert in a given area but asking questions anyway, and collaborating to solve complex, high impact problems, even if they aren't within your assigned scope. You are an expert in crafting written documents that articulate your strategy for audiences of all levels, and accompanying those with compelling and clear verbal presentations.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Set product strategy for experiences used by millions of Capital One customers, through quantitative and qualitative insights
- Deliver tangible business results by turning strategy into a product roadmap and guiding execution by a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, operators, and other teams
- Practice lean startup methodology and drive a test & learn agenda
- Lead product managers to build customer-facing features and backend infrastructure for those experiences
- Lead analysts to define and track product KPIs, as well as conduct strategic analysis to identify future product strategies
- Communicate with & influence the priorities of partner teams and senior leaders
- Empower and coach your direct reports to achieve their professional goals
We're excited about you because you'll bring:
- Experience leading strategic projects in a consulting, tech, or general management setting
- Track record of independent problem solving and strong work ethic
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Commitment to express and listen to differing opinions
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
• At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in people management
• At least 1 year of experience in project management
• Master's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 2+ years of experience in people management
• 2+ years of experience in product development
• 2+ years of experience in financial modeling
• 2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
• 2+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top