Sr. Business Manager, Enterprise Fraud
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Manager, Enterprise Fraud
Within Capital One Risk Management, our new Enterprise Fraud team has been tasked with creating a best in class fraud risk management program by ensuring our people, processes and technology are designed to operate in today's digital environment. This team will oversee, advise and assess external fraud risk management activities occurring across the company, identify risk gaps, optimize fraud strategies, tools and technologies to balance customer experience with loss management and develop a fraud risk management governance and training program. This team will work in close partnership with other key risk functions to ensure a comprehensive fraud risk management framework.
As a Senior Business Manager, Enterprise Fraud at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you'll do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Manager to join us as a key leader on the Enterprise Fraud team. In this role, you will regularly engage with leaders and executives across all major product and functional areas to advise and challenge lines of business on their fraud risk management activities. Given the importance of fraud risk management to the company, this role is high-profile with opportunity for significant impact and growth.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership: May manage and develop a team of analysts. Coaching and mentoring associates throughout the organization with a goal of developing and retaining talent at Capital One
- Fraud Risk: Drive step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Solid people leadership experience: Ability to build and leverage the capabilities of a high-performing team, as well as business partners across the enterprise. THe ideal candidate should foster innovation, drive critical decisions, hold business partners accountable, and be able to consistently deliver results
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
-At least 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis
-At least 2 years of experience in qualitative analysis
-At least 1 year of experience in people management
-At least 1 year of experience in project management
-5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
-5+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
-2+ years of experience in people management
-2+ years of experience in product development
-2+ years of experience in financial modeling
-2+ years of experience in economic forecasting
-2+ years of experience in project management
-At least 5 years work experience in fraud for a financial services, payments or fintech company
-At least 7 years of professional experience, preferably in financial services, payments, fintech, or consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top