Sr Business Banker (New Orleans)
Greater NO-Metairie Rd Br 123 (37123), United States of America, Metairie, Louisiana
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Business Banker (New Orleans)
The Banker is a member of a relationship management team that is responsible for building relationships with businesses and/or high net worth individuals within an assigned region/community. The roles responsibility includes managing and cross-selling a client portfolio comprised of treasury management and/or credit clients with a focus on deepening relationships and generating additional revenue from existing clients. In addition to being the primary point of contact and key financial advisor for the client, the Banker is also accountable for developing new business. The Banker develops, markets and administers, demand and time deposits, existing loans and cross sells related banking accounts and services. The Banker should possess the ability to develop relationships with the appropriate decision makers within the clients or prospects company. The Banker should be capable of organizing, leading and negotiating with a team of Bank Associates in order to provide solutions to client issues.
• Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
• Maintains a regular calling program on customers and prospects in order to generate high quality new deposit and loan business from existing clients in order to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
• Meets with existing customers and prospects through personal calling efforts and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend ways in which the bank can help provide business solutions to all of their financial needs.
• Assists in planning the portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
• Responsible for expanding their prospect and COI base by consistently networking in the community.
• Responsible for the sale and administration of all banking services to include deposits, loans, investments, trust, etc. to businesses and/or individuals within the assigned region.
• Coordinates with various divisions and departments (Trust, Branches, Operations, etc.) in the servicing of routine transactions and in solving the special customers.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitors products and pricing in the market served.
• Responsible for the proper pre-qualification, structuring, pricing, and exception-free closing on all loans in his/her assigned area.
• Reviews demand deposit profitability analysis and outlines strategies to bring unprofitable accounts back to profitable status.
• Evaluates risk and compensating demand deposit balances of each loan in order to properly price loan to meet profitability standards.
• Works with borrowing customers to procure updated financial information on an ongoing basis.
• Communicates lending decisions to customer.
• Follows up on loan exceptions to insure timely clearing. Controls volume of exceptions.
• Serves as a representative in various civic and community functions to further enhance its image and develop additional business.
• At least 2 years of Business Banking experience
• 5 years of Business Banking experience
• Formal credit training
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top