Sr. Business Analyst, People Analytics
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst, People Analytics
As a Senior Business Analyst on the People Analytics team at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to address People and Org-related decisions across our business. You will be a part of the broader People Analytics center of excellence, where you will collaborate with other teams to identify synergies while also innovating as needed to solve problems. You will team with world-class professionals and senior leadership to delve into major people management and talent initiatives, such as:
- Using data to improve returns on recruiting and selection investments with greater quantity and quality of candidates
- Understanding and predicting associate turnover, and working with business leaders to boost retention
- Understanding how culture, learning, and talent management actions shape productivity and performance by using real, hard data about behavior and associate outcomes
...and you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify people management challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve them using analysis to make strategic and tactical recommendations
- Modeling / Forecasting: Perform modeling/analytics to provide senior leaders with insight into the potential impacts of new or existing talent management systems and processes
- Automated solution design and ownership: Identify opportunities to make people management processes smarter and faster with data and machine automation. Work with leaders to design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is a small team where you will rapidly generate ideas, develop solutions, and see the benefits you have delivered to our customers
- Execution: Develop and test hypotheses, design solutions, assess operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts, and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: HR, IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in associate experience and business results
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: A confident decision-maker, able to bring a forward-leaning, yet responsible approach to transforming people management
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on understanding what our business partners need and how to most effectively meet their short and long term needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience in People Analytics
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in report/analysis automation
- 1+ years of experience in statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top