Sr. Business Analyst - Market Analytics
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst - Market Analytics
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
As part of that organization, the Market Analytics, Planning, and Programming team specifically is accountable for defining all aspects of the physical branch experience from branch locations, renovation investment strategy, and analytically driven programming to include ATM and teller station requirements. Additionally, our team partners with the execution teams to assess trade-offs and monitor the impacts of those changes through implementation. The team is also responsible for assessing the impact of network changes to the physical elements within the remaining footprint and interfacing with our execution partners to aid implementation of required modifications.
The right individual for this role will demonstrate strong socialization and analytical skills in working to develop the intent for transformation and programming within the existing branch network. This individual will work to integrate the desired customer experience model with the core activities associated with the physical location. Programming includes the development of ATM placement and intent requirements, development of new capabilities that support the customer experience. Programming also includes significant intent integration with our goals and staffing models teams. The associate would be part of a team that would ensure that a store - be it a new build or a renovation-has intent that matches goals, staffing, customer experience and programming.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
- Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Bachelors Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- 1 year of experience in analysis
- Masters Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- CFA, SQL, SAS, FRM certifications
- 1 year of experience in Statistical model building, market research, SQL querying
- 2 years of experience in business analysis in a corporate setting
- 1 year of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top