Sr. Business Analyst - Anti-Money Laundering
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst - Anti-Money Laundering
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Capital One's Anti-Money Laundering Program is designed to safeguard our communities, company and country by preventing, detecting, and reporting on criminal activity within the financial system.
To deliver on this objective, we consume customer and transaction data from across the entire enterprise, run models to detect risky customers and behavior, and then investigate that behavior, providing leads and evidence to support Law Enforcement investigations and prosecution.
Success in AML stops criminal activity such as narcotics trafficking, human trafficking, and terrorist financing, while giving the company the confidence to grow and launch new products knowing we have sound and reliable AML defenses.
Business Analysts drive decisions across a wide range of Program functions to keep Capital One's AML defenses ahead of advancements in criminal practices. BA's in AML engage in the following types of work:
- Evaluate customer data from every line of business to set intent for screening logic that prevents criminals from banking with Capital One
- Work with customer types from across the enterprise to design customer risk-rating models that identify which customers require enhanced monitoring
- Combine an understanding of potential criminal practices with knowledge of products from every line of business to define the criteria for identifying suspicious transactions
- Optimize the investigative process through operational risk management, a deep understanding of investigator productivity, and accurate capacity planning to enable us to quickly get valuable information to Law Enforcement
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Risk Management: Drive decisions which balance the needs of Law Enforcement, Government Regulators, Lines of Business, and Tech capabilities- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: you should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top