West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Business Analyst
As a Sr. Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Risk Measurement and Capital Oversight team is focused on developing strategies, processes and tools to ensure our company effectively manages operational risk capital needs and satisfies the regulatory requirements. We partner closely with operational risk program owners, enterprise risk management program owners, 1st line business accountable executives as well as a broader group of business and risk experts across the company to achieve the risk measurement and risk management agenda.
Successful Sr. Business Analyst candidates possess strong data analysis, business judgment, integrated problem solving and process management background. Candidates will develop a deep appreciation for the regulatory environment and the importance of a strong risk and capital management framework to the banking industry and Capital One.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead/support the analytical agenda to identify underlying causes, risk indicators, risk drivers
- Support operational risk CCAR/DFAST analytics
- Support operational risk capital assessment and reporting process
- Provide analytical support to advance risk measurement agenda that enables risk management as competitive advantage for all line of businesses
- Support industry wide benchmarking studies and peer analysis
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
- Analytic orientation: A proven track record of problem solving based on analytics.
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals.
- Thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 years' experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Risk management experiences, Operational risk/Basel program experiences
- Masters' Degree in quantitative field such as Business, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Economics
- 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Statistic, Modeling, Coding and AI experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).