Sr. Business Analyst
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst
As a seasoned Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You'll team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The Risk Measurement and Capital Oversight team is focused on developing strategies, processes and tools to ensure our company effectively manages operational risk capital needs and satisfies the regulatory requirements. We partner closely with operational risk program owners, enterprise risk management program owners, 1st line business accountable executives as well as a broader group of business and risk experts across the company to achieve the risk measurement and risk management agenda.
Successful Operational Risk Senior Associate candidates possess strong data analysis, business judgment, integrated problem solving and process management background. Candidates will develop a deep appreciation for the regulatory environment and the importance of a strong risk and capital management framework to the banking industry and Capital One.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead/support the analytical agenda to identify underlying causes, risk indicators, risk drivers
- Support operational risk CCAR/DFAST analytics
- Support operational risk capital assessment and reporting process
- Provide analytical support to advance risk measurement agenda that enables risk management as competitive advantage for all line of businesses
- Support industry wide benchmarking studies and peer analysis
The desired experience and skill set for the ideal candidate include:
- Analytic orientation: A proven track record of problem solving based on analytics.
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals.
- Thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At lease 1 years' experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Risk management experiences, Operational Risk/Basel program experiences
- Masters' Degree in quantitative field such as Business, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Economics
- 2 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Statistic, Modeling, Coding and AI experience
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top