Sr. Business Analyst
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to solve open-ended, complex questions about the performance of our business, of the industry and of the economy. You will lead and team with world-class professionals to tackle these questions in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis/Modeling: Connect customer data to business, industry and economic performance data to generate relevant, actionable insights and make strategic and tactical recommendations. Perform modeling/analytics to predict customer and business outcomes.
- Solution Design and Ownership: Leverage emerging technologies and critical thinking skills to continually innovate and automate existing methodologies, processes and reporting. Design, develop, test, and implement new products and solutions. This is high performing team where you will rapidly generate ideas, collaboratively develop solutions, and influence the direction of the business.
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues and senior leaders in Marketing & Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Tech and other areas to provide insights that drive business results.
- Strong communication skills : Impeccable written and oral communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive consensus around complex decisions.
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the role is requires rigorous analytics & credit risk management.
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity : Able to bring a forward-leaning yet responsible approach to business, while acting as a trusted advisor to partners.
- Clear results orientation : display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 1 year of experience in quantitative analysis
• At least 1 year of experience in qualitative analysis
• Master's Degree
• 2+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
• 2+ years of experience in qualitative analysis
• 1+ years of experience in product development
• 1+ years of experience in financial modeling
• 1+ years of experience in economic forecasting
• 1+ years of experience in project management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top