Sr. Auditor, Consumer Compliance Audit
- Melville, NY
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Auditor, Consumer Compliance Audit
Capital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Auditor interested in becoming part of our Consumer Compliance Audit team. As a member of the Consumer Compliance Audit team, you will focus on audits that involve conducting operational, financial and compliance audit projects and providing input to the annual audit plan. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for maintaining all organizational and professional ethical standards.
- Participate in compliance-owned audits and compliance components of business units. Perform risk assessments of business activities and perform relevant testing based on the risks and controls associated with the area being audited. Assist in communicating issues, risks and recommendations to all levels of management.
- Operate independently and ensure work is completed to schedule and meets our high-quality standards.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective working relationships with key business partners and the extended Audit group.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning and fieldwork phases of audit delivery.
- Proactively follow-up on agreed audit actions to ensure management delivers their commitments within the agreed timescales.
- Proactively seek out learning opportunities to enhance skills and competencies related to role.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in auditing, accounting, financial analysis, compliance, or a combination
- Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, or Master of Business Administration
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- 1+ years of experience in banking, financial services industry, professional services firm serving clients in large banks, or a combination
- 1+ years of experience performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top