Sr. Associate, Product Manager- Financial Products
Benjamin Franklin (18052), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate, Product Manager- Financial Products
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. When we started just 25 years ago we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we've grown bigger, we've found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you ever come across a complex process and immediately thought of how to it could be simplified? Then we want you!
As a Senior Associate focusing on Consumer Bank - Financial Products, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers that build simple products with no asterisks, deliver unparalleled product value to our customers, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Reinvent the architecture of our financial products to combine real-time data streams with deep machine learning that ultimately enable world-class customer experiences
- Testing and Learning constantly. Leverage A/B testing to maximize our pricing power
- Innovating relentlessly. Partner with technology teams to eliminate any traces of dilapidated mainframe based architecture with modern, serverless cloud computing
- Empathize. Talk directly with your customers every day; understand how you can help them reimagine the future and build incredible leverage.
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and tabling the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly; your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool. You obsess about shipping, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others
- Wrangler. You've gotten engineers to play nice with data scientists and can motivate developers to push our technological boundaries
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and core product platforms that power those experiences
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms.
- At least 1 year of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
- At least 1 year of experience with A/B testing platforms
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top