Sr. Associate, Product Manager, ATM Platform
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate, Product Manager, ATM Platform
At Capital One, we believe great products begin with a deep understanding of our customers. When we started just 25 years ago we pioneered the use of predictive modeling to individually personalize credit card offers, turning the entire industry on its head. As we've grown bigger, we've found more and more ways to use technology and face-to-face conversations to understand the human problems associated with money and finances.
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
The biggest interaction point with our customers are our ATMs. Do you want to straddle the line between hardware, software? Do you strive to build good products and then iterate until they are great? Does preventing cyber threats make you smile? Then we want you! As a Product Manager focusing on our ATM Platform, you'll be joining a passionate team of fellow product managers, engineers, analysts, risk, and operations partners working to redefine how millions of customers interact with their bank. You'll work to secure end-to-end platforms, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever-evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Owning the success and life cycle of Platforms and Systems that support an ATM: enhancing security, improving automation, moving systems to the cloud, setting strategy, driving towards improvements to KPIs
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with technologists, data scientists, and fraud/risk experts in building cutting edge secure solutions
- Innovating relentlessly. Pushing big change by starting small, testing, and learning your way to something new
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software and hardware can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and sometimes using plain elbow grease
- Partnering proactively. Working across Risk and Operations to deliver solutions that enhance the security of the ATM environment that are operationally well managed
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem, and putting the wrong one on hold
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curiosity. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Passion. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible; oh... and Evaluating risk energizes you.
- Engagement. You can communicate complex ideas across partner teams clearly and gain buy-in. Your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Wrangler. You've gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline.
- Courage. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut. You understand prioritization and how to get "buy in" on doing the right thing (not everything).
- Discipline. You understand that building great products goes beyond shipping; you value all aspects of life-cycle management: process maps, managing risk, maintaining the roadmap, release notes
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [Paypal, Google, Gilt, AOL, Adaptive Path]
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Continuous learning budget
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 2 years working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences
- At least 2 years working on core product platforms that power customer experiences
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience with customer-facing hardware platforms or middleware systems
- At least 2 years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top