Sr. Associate: Internal Communications Multimedia Creative Designer
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate: Internal Communications Multimedia Creative Designer
Are you ready to make a difference - to deliver dreams, celebrate culture and inspire change? The Commercial Banking Internal Communications team is responsible for ensuring the best associate experience by developing and implementing internal communications to support business strategies, major change programs and the overall Commercial Banking narrative. We bring the Commercial Banking story to life with ingenuity, simplicity and humanity. By joining our team as Multimedia Creative Designer, you'll be empowered to explore and try new things, find a better way to deliver on key initiatives.
We're are focused on getting to know our Commercial associates better, connect leaders in news ways and create meaningful communications in an effort to increase associate engagement and drive business success. We're looking for a team player to help us chart that course by providing the expertise and imagination needed to produce compelling visuals to bring our story to life.
The right person is detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and is willing to go the extra mile. Your role will develop concepts for creative campaigns and continue creating foundational visual and channel assets, supporting internal clients with a range of audio, visual, digital/multimedia, collateral design, photography, and event production needs.
- Develop and maintain a general understanding of the Commercial Banking business as well as HR and Communication strategies in order to support and develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning on behalf of Commercial Banking business
- Conceive, develop and produce static and interactive dashboards, infographics, reports, and various other materials
- Create wireframes, user flows, and prototypes that effectively communicate design directions for intranet and other critical channels
- Develop creative design, videos, podcasts, presentations (Keynote and PowerPoint), production layouts, and provides support for assigned projects.
- Possesses a deep understanding of how to proactively conceptualize, edit, shoot and produce well-thought out videos.
- This will include repurposing existing media assets to create new, fresh content.
- This role will produce, shoot and edit internal videos for the executive management team.
- Ensure that products are simple to use and consistent by removing barriers to engagement
- Ensure consistency of material produced meets brand guidelines and quality standards
- Responsible for presenting concepts to business partners of varying levels of seniority.
- Work cooperatively with key stakeholders to quickly and efficiently assess and support fulfillment of their design needs.
- Design collateral and logos with close attention to typography. Adjusts and uses photography and illustrations effectively.
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to complete multiple projects with competing priority and complexity without compromising quality or brand standards.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with clients, vendors, staff and executives.
- Maintains awareness and shares with team, current design trends as well as different styles of design to execute design projects.
- Maintains skill currency in computer and software required to complete assignments and stays abreast of technological advances that improve design processes and product.
- 3+ years professional design experience
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of Corporate branding experience
- At least 4 years of UX design experience
- At least 4 years of PowerPoint layout skills
- At least 4 years of Illustration/Drawing skills
- At least 4 years of Photography experience
- Have agency or graphic design firm experience.
- Experience onboarding new tools
- Mobile and interactive experience
- A strong portfolio showcasing experience designing in a variety of mediums, including print and digital: infographics and/or brand, and/or experiential design experience
- Strong command of a creative concept lifecycle from ideation to execution. This should include experience in pitching, storyboarding, script writing and project management.
- Savvy, conceptual thinker with exceptional attention to detail; must be comfortable working in a corporate environment and able to work quickly under tight deadlines
- Strong and proactive project and time management skills are required.
- Comfort working in a high-level corporate office environment and interfacing with busy c-suite executives.
- Effective communication skills are essential as well as the ability to communicate with both creative and non-creatives
- Must be comfortable operating independently and also as a strong collaborator and team member
- Stays abreast of creative trends and introduces innovation and changes as appropriate to ensure creative work is industry leading
- Competent in full suite of video editing and graphics design software; candidate should have basic knowledge of both Final Cut 10 and Adobe Premiere Pro and be an expert in one or the other.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, basic color correction, media encoding, and codec for various display/distribution platforms.
- Must have experience shooting and editing videos and be comfortable with Sony camera systems.
- Graphic and Web:
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top