Sr. Associate, Digital Product Management
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate, Digital Product Management
In the Consumer Bank, we've combined that human-centered design with our heritage of data-driven decision-making to design, build and test our way to truly enabling financial experiences. We've challenged ourselves to spend less time planning, more time doing, and, above all else, to see the world through the eyes of our customers as they work to understand and manage their money.
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have an opinion on whether shipping is more important than perfection? Have you geeked out on the possibilities of the blockchain or how this storm of new payment platforms can fit together lately? Then we want you! As a Senior Associate focusing on Consumer Bank – New Customer Growth products, you'll be joining a passionate team of product managers, engineers, analysts and designers working to hack the conversion funnel, fundamentally shift our mindset on how customers enter the franchise, solve complex problems with data, and revel in making significant impacts in an ever evolving competitive landscape.
On any given day in the Bank you'll be:
- Empowered. Own the success and life cycle of Account Opening and Conversion, setting its strategy and driving towards improvements to your KPIs
- Testing and Learning constantly. Leverage A/B testing maximize conversion funnel for frictionless customer experiences
- Innovating relentlessly. Partner with technology teams to blaze the trail towards a modernizing account opening architecture. Reimagine what it is to acquire a new financial product
- Empathize. Imagine Talk directly with customers; understand what it is to ask a customer to open and trust us with their money and derive novel solutions that garner trust. How will you make it irrational to ignore us?
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Connecting creatively. Jumpstarting a self-supporting community by sowing the right seeds, building the right tools, integrating the right off-the-shelf products and just plain elbow grease
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem, and tabling the wrong one. Getting big by starting small
Here is what you will bring to the table:
- Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. You dug up a hidden feature in an API that let you do something really cool. You obsess about shipping, or started a company meme that lasted for months
- Passionate. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what's possible. You've started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others
- Communicator. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they're doing what they're doing. Maybe you're an introvert, or maybe you're an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop
- Wrangler. You've gotten front-end engineers to play nice with iOS developers, you can inspire an ETL developer to write creatively about her latest pipeline
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity (including a robust 401(k) plan)
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Superstar product, design, data and engineering leaders [PayPal, Google, Gilt, Adaptive Path
- Top class engineering teams that you will lead and build product with
- Dedication to growing the team (Continuous learning budget, investment in team building, and a career model based on finding the right fit instead of forcing a square peg in a round hole)
- Highly supportive and "bought in" leadership environment
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver consumer experiences and/or core product platforms that power those experiences.
- At least 1 year of digital industry experience for consumers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 1+ years of experience with web and client-side mobile platforms
- 1+ years of experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top