Sr. Associate, Design Strategy
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Associate, Design Strategy
Did you know there are probably more banks than gas stations in your neighborhood? When you hear the term bank, do you think of large, marble facades and tellers behind counters? At Capital One, we know that a bank is more than a building. We're working hard to create the future of how people connect and interact with their money.
Join Capital One's Consumer Bank team in creating the financial products and services for people that will redefine banking as we know it today. As a Design Strategist, you will be working with UX designers, product managers, business analysts and technology developers to shape the banking experiences of over 60 million customers. As both a maker with a passion for your craft and a strategic thinker with big ideas for the future, you will help lead a cultural shift across the enterprise to marry the analytical with the creative. You will represent a different way of working - human-centered and iterative - by collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to take on our toughest business challenges and define compelling solutions for customers.
As a Design Strategist on this team, you will:
- Contribute to projects through discovery, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product and service concepts.
- Use a breadth of methodologies (design research, collaborative work sessions, prototyping) to deliver to project objectives in changing business contexts.
- Develop new product/feature concepts, frameworks, portfolio/product prioritization, roadmaps, etc that help drive strategic definition of the desired banking experience
- Translate insights and strategy into concept prototypes to communicate your vision through your artifacts.
- Provide design/UX direction for development, testing, and refinement of digital and service prototypes
- Use visual and tangible storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Take ownership of workstreams to reveal the rich, holistic picture of the challenge at hand
- Visualize and prototype rapidly in multiple mediums for interaction at different levels of fidelity (e.g. physical, digital, sketches, wireframes)
You're a good fit if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams to develop a rich understanding of the human / business / technical perspectives of big meaty challenge
• Are comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes
• Use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas
• Stay on top of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of bringing new technologies to a conservative industry
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of experience in human-centered design and design thinking tools and methods
• At least 3 years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, or industrial design.
• Master's Degree in design or business
• At least 5years of experience with a digital product & services company
• At least 5 years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, and/or industrial design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top