Sr. Analyst-Capital Markets & Risk
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Analyst-Capital Markets & Risk
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation's top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
As a member of Capital One's stress testing team, you will be responsible for our data submission to the regulators, helping design our future infrastructure so that it will be compatible in a cloud environment, performing data analytics to identify submission errors and providing guidance on how data can be moved within the stress test network. Stress Testing is one of the most critical functions that bank performs and this an extremely high profile position that offers great visibility.
- Drive strategy by leveraging your analytical skills
- Build the future state of how stress testing will be performed
- Collaborate across business units
- Work with top talent in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
Responsibilities may include:
- Perform data extraction, aggregation, and data quality checks for the stress test submission to the regulators
- Be the main point of contact between Capital One and our regulators on our semi-annual data submission
- Update the technical requirements of our submission process based on any new requirements that are provided by regulators
- Work closely with our internal technology partners to optimize data architecture, data utilization and validation portals that end users can leverage
- Partner with members of the business teams to initiate, prioritize, scope, design and deliver new initiatives and data quality rules
- Initiate proactive investigations into data issues that impact reporting, analysis, or program execution
- Perform ad hoc analytics on large/diverse datasets using various tools and techniques
An ideal candidate will possess strong quantitative and analytical skills with strong innovation, problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities. Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership abilities are critical for success to develop collaborative partnerships with various points of contact and teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience with XML and Excel
- At least 1 year of data analysis experience
- Master's Degree
- At least 1 year of programming experience (Python, "R", Java)
- At least 1 year of tableau reporting creation
- 1+ years of experience in SAS or 1+ years of experience in SQL
- Teradata Certification
- 2+ years of professional data analysis experience
- 2+ years of programming experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top