SQL Developer (Direct Contract)
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
SQL Developer (Direct Contract)
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
We are looking for a SQL Developer to join our cloud transformation journey. The SQL Developer may perform a range of duties including some or all of the:
- Analyze data mapping requirements between old and new database structures
- Design, deploy and maintain SQL stored procedures
- Migrate existing SQL stored procedures and QA for accuracy
- Develop, review, optimize, and modify large SQL stored procedures
- Perform data imports/transformations from various data sources
- Write complex scripts for data manipulation and management as well as report generation
- Lead or participate in logical and physical database design
- Review system and programming designs to ensure efficient use of database resources
- Provide regular status updates to Team Lead
- Your choice of hardware - latest MacBook Pro or HP EliteBook
- Flexible work hours, dress code and environment
Twenty-five years after Capital One was started it's still led by its founder. Be ready to join a community of the smartest people you've ever met, who see the customer first, and want to use their data skills to make a difference.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with relational databases (Oracle, TeraData, Postgres, Redshift, MySQL)
- At least 1 year of experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis (Python, R, or Scala)
- At least 1 year of experience with version control system like Git and GitHub.
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, etc.)
- Experience working with advanced Git Workflows (Pull Requests, Code Reviews, Issues, and Branching)
- Experience working with Snowflake
- Proven skills in handling large sets of data using efficient methods, developing scalable, high-performance, and high-volume applications
- Experience in programming, testing, debugging and optimizing data manipulation procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to deliver high-quality results under minimal supervision
- Willing to learn skills and techniques specific to our work environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top