Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Solution Architect at Capital One Financial Services, you'll perform as a Technical Leader in agile or domain team(s) ensuring clear architectural/solution direction, options and technical consultancy are provided to the team. You will be equally as comfortable building a POC of a new solution as 'picking up the pen' and sketching an idea on a White Board to an Agile team. The role will primarily focus on identifying and enabling the adoption of new technologies and patterns particularly in Public Cloud, API, Event Driven Architecture, Micro Service technologies and Big Data.
- Serves as a Solution Architect in Agile Team(s)
- Demonstrates strong technical ability, awareness and track record of proposing and integrating technologies and solutions
- Designing Cloud, API, Event Driven or Micro-Service ready solution options for business opportunities, with expectation to build on existing application reference patterns
- Maintains all-round view of solution, understanding both business and technical challenges and also both functional and non-functional needs of solution
- Provides guidance to Agile Teams for any exceptions to design standards and architectural targets
- Scoping and delivery of technical evaluations to support product selection and cloud maturity
- Ability to act as mentor to members in technical specialty and product stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when recommending decisions
- Proactively identifies impediments and quickly resolves using network of peers and formal channels
- Actively seeks and is involved with Communities of Practice
- Provide architecture and technology leadership across a range of Batch and Streaming data processing platforms
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development/implementation, and testing of business solutions, integrating legacy and new technologies
- Prepare and present potential technical solutions and advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
- Work with the developers, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Communicate the solution approaches to project teams and architecture review board and other stakeholders
- Responsible for defining and clearly communicating Targets that align tech initiatives to business initiatives
- Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating market requirements, business requirements and project briefs in order to design the most appropriate end-to-end technology solutions
- Develop and recommending novel and innovative -- yet proven and demonstrated -- approaches to solving business and technical problems.
- Keep up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the rapidly changing digital environment
- Provide user experience design, information architecture, solution prototyping, and agile web development processes
- Excellent oral and written communications; an ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 7 years' experience developing distributed applications using Java Node js
- At least 5 years' experience with distributed, horizontally scalable architectures
- At lease 5 years' experience in continuous integration and agile development methodologies & tools
- Recent Coding Experience
- At least 5 years' experience in Big Data related technologies like Hadoop, Hive...
- At least 5 years' experience with Relational, No-SQL databases.
- At least 5 years' experience with Cloud providers (AWS preferred).
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top