Software Reliability Engineer - Mobile Android
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Reliability Engineer - Mobile Android
Capital One's Mobile Engineering team is actively seeking talented developers to help us develop and manage the tools and infrastructure powering our flagship mobile/digital customer products.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of Capital One's public cloud hosted infrastructure (OS+Network+Security+Monitoring)
- Working closely with orchestration/API, client development teams and architecture to design and build new back end applications
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies
- Proficiency in development, test automation, release management and infrastructure
- Technical problem solving skills
- Supports development of process automation initiatives and projects
- Execute system administration of hosting platforms capable of running on a variety of frameworks (Python, Java, node.js).
- Effectively communicate guideline and tool usage to IT Development and other IT team members
- Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
- Work with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools and reusable deployment jobs.. Find, explore and advocate for new technologies for enterprise use.
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies to reduce costs while ensuring quality
- Experience with one of more of the following: Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, GitHub
- Support Capital One shared production environments (ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity through proper response to incidents, events and problems).
- Bachelor Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience in software development
- At least 1 year of Scripting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing automated application builds and deployments.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/UNIX or at least 2 years of experience with Apache Tomcat
- 5+ years of experience with the automated build and deployment management
- 4+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tool sets
- 3+ years of AWS experience using EC2 or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Formation or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Watch
- 3+ years of experience with Ansible, Docker, Puppet or Terraform
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 1+ years experience in building Serviceless solutions
- 1+ years container development experience
- 1+ years' experience with MySQL, Postgress, Mongo DB, or ElasticSearch.
- 1+ years test architecture experience
- 1+ years' experience performance tuning and monitoring tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top