Software Engineering, Manager
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineering, Manager
More than 60 million customers rely on us every day to enable fast, frictionless access to their money and empower them with tools, insights, and support so they have healthy financial futures. That's why we're here-a bold team of digital entrepreneurs, designers, analysts and engineers. Working to make a difference in people's lives. Hey, maybe you should be here, too.
Keep reading if:
- You're driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer
- You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries
- You've got passion for cutting edge technology, because this particular gig is entirely focused on creating an online servicing platform no one thought was possible at "a bank".
What you'll do:
- Perform complex application programming activities in the latest technologies: Angular, Restful Services, Typescript, Node.js, Java, HTML, CSS, and more.
- Create features that are scalable, accessible and renders effectively across multiple browsers, operating systems, and device types (Desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
- Inspire junior engineers to push the boundaries of technology alongside of you.
- Deliver amazing solutions to production that knock everyone's socks off.
What we're looking for:
- Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
- A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
- A love for working in ambiguity-and making sense of it. You can take in a lot of disparate information and find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate along the way. You don't form an opinion and sell it as if it's gospel; this is all about being flexible, agile, dependable, and responsive in the face of many moving parts. (So if you like structure, process, and guidelines, this probably isn't for you.)
- Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
- You've shipped outstanding websites/apps from concept to launch; you've got examples you can share right now.
- You have full stack programming experience in multiple programming languages and can't wait to learn more.
- You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering using Java or .NET
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs
- At least 2 years of experience working with databases
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure etc)
- Experience with CI/CD, test & deployment automation (Jenkins, GitHub, Chef, CloudFormation, ATDD, Docker, Ansible)
- Experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top