Software Engineer, Scala
- San Francisco, CA
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer, Scala
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking Software Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer , you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 76-91 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Scala, node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Work on immutable, distributed systems, data streaming, and backend Scala based systems using functional programming
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies including Scala, Kafka, Cassandra and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of professional application development experience
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud technologies
- At least 1 year of experience with functional programming languages (Scala or Clojure or Haskell or Common Lisp)
- 3+ years of experience developing applications using functional Scala
- 3+ years of experience using open-source web services
- 3+ years of experience in at least one Cloud technology (AWS or Azure orOpenStack)
- 3+ years of experience with Docker or Ansible or Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience with J2EE technologies
- 2+ years of experience with performance tuning and monitoring
- 1+ years of experience with Jenkins or Git
- 1+ years of experience with creating and maintaining CICD tooling
- 1+ years of experience in performance and optimization of scaled server systems
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- Certified AWS Developer or Architect
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top