Software Engineer - Production Support
- Plano, TX
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Production Support
Great - and always improving - software engineering combined with Production support strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented software engineering and support specialists who can own support of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering-focused Production Support Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support. With a passion for devops and continuous improvement you will be encouraged to raise the bar for other support specialists to help take their capabilities to the next level.
This role will have a 3 - 4 day work week schedule with shifts being 6am - 6pm or 6pm - 6am.
• Incident resolution and supporting production system deployments while ensuring SLAs are met.
• Identify and contribute to long-term solutions and preventative techniques.
• Progress, protect, and provide for the applications and sub-systems behind all of Capital One's external and internal customer facing services.
• Collaborate with other tech peers and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance
• Support and deliver within Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
• Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services and other cloud platforms
• Equipping systems with automated monitoring and alerting
• Support the team and contribute to designing, writing and delivering technical and process automation to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Capital One's services.
• Influence and support new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
• Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
• Identifying and remediating risk to critical and non-critical system KPIs
• Bachelor's Degree
• At least 3 years of Production support experience
• At least 2 year of experience in Java or C#
• At least 2 year of experience in Automation scripting languages (Python)
• At least 1 year of experience in AWS
• At least 1 year of experience supporting web applications
• At least 1 year of Agile experience
• Masters' Degree
• 2+ years of experience in API services support and deployment
• 3+ years of experience in AWS
• 1+ years of experience with Splunk, Datadog or New Relic monitoring and alerting
• 3+ years with Python, Java or other open source languages
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top