Software Engineer, Network Tools
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Network Tools
Capital One ("What's in your wallet?") the technology company that delivers outstanding customer experiences and ultra-cool financial products is seeking a Network Automation Engineer to support our enhanced network tooling and security constructs. We love to automate, write code, and persistent in incremental improvements through an organization wide Agile delivery methodology. If working with extraordinary talent in a fast paced, always improving, and highly collaborative environment sounds intriguing, then you should apply now!
As a Capital One Network Automation Engineer, you will work with talented Network Architecture, Engineering and Operations teams to enhance network tooling visibility, improve speed and accuracy of network changes, and drive innovative solutions to reduce incidents. You will automate network deployments and data collection tasks to enhance our productivity, will engage in discussion with vendors when needed and help in product selection to align with our needs. You will seek to integrate our tooling and process flows throughout the organization with aims to improve the overall efficiency of our operation.
- Develop and maintain tools to enhance network visibility and automation. Improve speed and accuracy of network changes.
- Automate network deployment and data collection tasks to enhance the productivity and validity of the results.
- Engage in discussion with vendors and help in product selection and feature test.
- Document the existing standards and develop proposals for potential designs to improve the efficiency of the network.
- At least 4 years of experience in Network Management toolsets in a multi-vendor, multiple networking technology environment
- At least 3 years of experience writing Python or JAVA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience with AWS
- 2+ years of experience with programmatic interactions between toolset with a variety of APIs
- 2+ years' experience with protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, and OSPF
- Product knowledge of network devices
- 2+ years' experience with Linux, Unix, or other UNIX system administration
- Experience with one or more of the following network toolset vendors: HP, CA, Riverbed, Netbrain, Elastic
- 2+ years of experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- 1+ year of experience with Docker, GitHub or PostgresSQL
- Familiarity with SOA technologies including as REST, SOAP implementations.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top