Software Engineer – Java Search
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer – Java Search
As a Capital One Software Engineer – Java Search, you'll work on a highly visible enterprise search project using cutting-edge open source technology. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: AWS, Elastic Search, Java, REST, JSON, Docker, and NoSQL databases. You'll be working on an expansive new vision for search that includes natural language processing, use beyond traditional web platforms, and event streaming technologies.
- Develop and support J2EE applications for search using technologies including but not limited to AWS, Elastic Search, Java, REST, Docker
- Adapt natural language technologies into search platform
- Integrate search into non-traditional platforms
- Advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in design and reviews
- Work in Agile/Scrum environments
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Java development
- At least 2 years of Rest API development experience
- At least 3 years of AWS experience
- At least 3 years of Elastic Search experience
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience in Docker
- At least 1 year of experience with git + github
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile/Scrum practices
- AWS Certification is a great bonus!
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top