Software Engineer - Java
- McLean, VA
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Java
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services, to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks.
This role aligns within our Card Technology division, developing enterprise software solutions for our external customers nationwide!
Who are you?
- You are a full-stack software engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced development environment
- You hold a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, as well as performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- Deliver software components, working in collaboration with product and design teams
- Participate in the Agile Scrum process, including speaking up and giving your opinion
- Pick up new technologies as well as pitch in on story tasks
- Participate in architecting, deploying and support performant production software on cloud-based infrastructure
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
Technologies we use:
- Back End Skills: Microservices, RESTful API, Java, Spring, Spring Boot
- DevOps and Platforms: Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ECS and RDS (Postgres, MySQL))
- Automation Testing: Test Cafe, Cucumber, ATDD
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of software engineering experience in Java
- At least 2 years of experience with Spring frameworks, Spring Boot, and RESTful API's
- 4+ years of software engineering experience in Java
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Lambda, S3, Kinesis, ECS and RDS (Postgres, MySQL)
- 2+ years of experience in ATDD, and Cucumber
- 1+ year of experience with Docker containers
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top