Software Engineer | Java
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer | Java
Capital One's Plano campus sits in the middle of the "tech hub" that Plano, TX has become. With industry-leading technology and innovations, world class benefits, exponential career growth, leadership and servitude across the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and surrounding communities, we are continuing to grow as we serve a variety of domains within the financial services industry.
We're looking for an experienced Full-Stack Software Engineer to join the Capital One Auto Finance (COAF) Command Center team within Financial Services (#FSTech)!
The Tech Stack:
We're looking for a strong individual contributor with the ability to own the development with the ability to start interfacing with the business. Our motto is "be your own CTO". You will work heavily on Java and RESTful API 's development in a Microservices Architecture to connect to databases. You'll be developing cutting-edge API 's, utilizing the AWS stack, developing in Angular 5, and owning end-to-end development - from design to development to deployment all the way through production. This is a fully automated pipeline, so everything that is developed is ready to deploy.
We are re-imagining the customer loan experience and questioning all that is involved. We have a great understanding of the business and its objectives, excel at taking ownership of tasks, and have strong technical agility.
To Strengthen This Team:
You will have to have strong attention to detail and be a key team player. We need "owners". If you come in with a strong understanding of CI/CD processes, you'll be a major value-add to the team!
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years' experience in Java development
- At least 2 years of experience building RESTful API's
- At least 1 year of experience in Microservices
- At least 1 year of experience with Angular 2+
- Master's Degree
- 4+ years' experience in Java
- 2+ years experience with Angular 2+
- 2+ years of experience developing applications with Monitoring, Build Tools, Version Control, Unit Test, TDD, Change Management to support DevOps
- 1+ years of experience in enterprise application development frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, or Jupyter notebook
- 1+ years' experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or another public cloud service
- 1+ years' experience with Database technologies like Oracle, Sql Server, PostgreS, Cassandra, MongoDb, etc
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top