Software Engineer, Java
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Java
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if"?
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You will drive the design, implementation, testing, deployment, and post-release support in an agile application development environment. You will execute on engineering and release priorities successfully through strong leadership and communication. Whether a bug fix or an awesome feature, you will own your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results.
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team.
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and/or open source contributions you are proud to share.
- Passionate about intuitive and engaging user interfaces, as well as new/emerging concepts and techniques in web design.
- Understanding in building efficient database and search engine queries.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience in software engineering.
- At least 2 years' experience in JVM based web application development.
- 2 years of experience building RESTful web services with server-side frameworks like Spring Boot and Play.
- 2 years of experience working with NoSQL and distributed storage technology including Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
- 2 years of experience in AWS or similar cloud computing environments with infrastructure and configuration management tools like Ansible, Docker and Mesos.
- 2 years of experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk and New Relic.
- 1 year of experience with microservices architecture.
- 1 year of experience with front end technology stack, such as React.js/AngularJS and Babel/TypeScript.
- 1 year of experience in Predictive Analysis and Machine Learning
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top