Software Engineer - Go / Python
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Go / Python
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on a variety of customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to various applications that will be migrating or integrating into the Cloud. This is an amazing opportunity for a Software Engineer coding with Public Cloud API's to accelerate our public cloud adoption. You will be working with rapid provisioning and deployments, security and user provisions, while monitoring and providing other asset support.
Capital One's Cloud Team is looking for a developer to work on building our image automation platform. We're looking for a developer who understands software that takes advantage of AWS and AWS APIs. This developer should understand the fundamentals of distributed systems, and understand the importance of operational metrics.
- Working with Machine Shop engineers to create tools to ensure application teams have access to up-to-date operating system images.
- Automate the process of building, verifying, and distributing images
- Build tools to capture logs and metrics around the process of building and distributing images
- Create development documentation and standards
- Participate in reviewing code and providing feedback for potential improvements
- Create tools and services to help application teams integrate images in Go or Python.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages (Python, Go)
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience interfacing with relational databases (PostgreSQL, Redis)
- At least 1 year of experience working in a Cloud environment
- Master's degree
- 2 years of Python coding experience
- 2 years of experience with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of Windows Server experience (Nice to have / not required)
- 2 years of building Cloud applications
- 2 years of API experience (AWS, Google, Azure)
- 1 year of experience in a Cloud Native application
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top