Software Engineer - Fullstack
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer - Fullstack
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One strives to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
We started Capital One with a simple principle – attract great talent and give them the opportunity to be great. That strategy has made us the nation's leading digital bank with more than 65-million customers and 40,000 associates worldwide.
We may look like a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies. A tech company that engineer's breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking. A tech company that's changing banking for good.
Great - and always improving – engineering strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented engineering specialists who can own management and administration of applications and systems in production and can drive reliability and performance across a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack. As an engineering specialist, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of critical services.
Software Engineer wanted on a full-stack engineer team! Join a new full-stack engineering team at Capital One in Plano, TX or McLean, VA locations to work on building new critical applications from scratch. We are looking for creative developers who are open to new ideas and enjoy working in a highly collaborative setting.
- Lead overall technical design, modification, and implementation of computer applications using existing and emerging technology platforms, including Open Source and public cloud (AWS).
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop software solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple work streams in an Agile framework.
- Develop complex integrations and automations. Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing and validation, development, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Contribute to the codebase by developing new APIs in Java
- Write tests to cover new and existing functionality
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current on industry best practices
- Continue learning through exploration, articles and attending conferences
- Automation experience using Ansible, Salt, Chef and/or Puppet
- Experience developing with distributed processing systems such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Nifi, StreamSets, etc.
- Familiarity with developing on AWS and using its SDK's
- At least 5 years of Java or at least 5 years of Python or at least 5 years of Ruby development experience
- At least 3 years of experience Restful web/API services support and deployment
- At least 2 years of web development experience
- At least 2 years of AWS cloud services configuration & administration
- At least 2 years of experience migrating locally hosted applications to AWS
- At least 5 years of experience with Unix or at least 5 years of experience with Linux
- At least 1 year of experience with ITIL practices and principles
- 3+ years of experience in designing and installing MFT products
- 3+ years maintaining an MFT product
- 3+ years of experience in Sterling File Gateway OR at least 5+ years of another MFT product
- At least 3 year of experience with Connect: Enterprise and Connect: Direct
- 1+ year of Linux or 1+ year of UNIX, or 1+ year of OpenStack administration
- 1+ year of Web server administration
- Technical certification(s) in Cloud or Open Source technologies
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top