Software Engineer, Full Stack
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Accountable for delivery of a portion of a platform, or project (Agile team) initiative. This role is part of building large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
Has a working knowledge of standards and languages
Has mastery over required domains / software packages
Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed, to progress varied initiatives
Builds robust systems with an eye on the long-term maintenance and support of the application
Able to breakdown complex integration issues and resolve them
Looks to leverage and espouse standards across the team and organization
Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
Helps drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Application Development
- At least 1 year of experience of AWS cloud experience
- At least 2 years of experience with AngularJS and Java web applications
- At least 2 years of Spark and Scala experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile Scrum process
- At least 1 year of experience in relational database or NoSQL database
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 1+ years of experience with Cassandra
- 1+ years of experience with Docker
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role
- 5+ years of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
- 5+ years of experience leading the full life-cycle of IT development and platform support
- 3+ years of experience with relevant software technologies and languages
- 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum and SAFe best practices
- 1+ years of experience working in banking and/or financial services industries
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top