Software Engineer, Full Stack
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Full Stack
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on developing the front-end of the applications that have backends that are built on Java based systems using resilient asynchronous microservices, to highly-available RESTful services, and cutting-edge open source frameworks. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Angular with Typescript, Vue JS, Node js, CSS/SCSS and HTML to name a few.
As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to learn, design, and build software products from the ground up, and be a partner in deciding tech strategy. You will also support existing software products that are already generating business value in one of the largest revenue generating departments within Card.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions - Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios - Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Be a part of a talented team of engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of experience in software development
- At least 3 years of experience in front end applications
- At least 2 years of experience in developing applications using one of the following: Angular, React, Vue JS
- At least 2 year of experience in one of the following testing tools: Protractor, Karma, Jasmine, Jest, Nightwatch
- At least 2 years of experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: GitHub, SVN, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, Google, OpenStack
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 2+ years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 1+ years of experience with working on micro front end architecture or Progressive Web Applications.
- 3+ years of experience with one of the following Agile methodologies: Scrum, SAFe and/or Kanban
- Formal certification in one of the following: Angular, AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top