- Richmond, VA
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
At Capital One, we are building out a best in class Commercial Banking platform. You will work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies. We are actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer with expertise in API development, technical design and managing complex systems on the cloud. You will help to develop solutions to improve our content and document management system. You will also work on everything from customer facing web and mobile applications to highly available, highly scalable microservices and back end systems with sophisticated data pipelines.
- A solid back end API developer who is intellectually curious and addicted to learning
- Excited to work with open source, customer authentication tools
- Self-driven, actively looking for ways to contribute and know how to get things done
- Someone with a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship who takes pride in the code you write
- A believer that good software development includes good testing, documentation and collaboration
- A good communicator with strong reasoning skills who can make a case for technology choices
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of application development experience using Java or Node.js
- 3+ years of experience developing and consuming RESTful services
- 1+ year of experience with AWS
- 1+ year of experience with CI/CD technologies such as GitHub, Jenkins or Artifactory
- 1+ year of Agile experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top