- McLean, VA
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are seeking a highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineer who is passionate about developing highly resilient, fundamentally sound objects to support the Human Resource technology driving Capital One.
As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Human Resource Technology ecosystem and culture of technical excellence. You will champion automation of functional and technical processes and bring your technical expertise to drive innovative solutions while leveraging Capital One's DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) platforms.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Design and develop integrations within the Workday platform to support great candidate and associate experiences.
- Engage with other technicians across the HR Tech environment to identify innovative solutions for capturing and integrating data across the Human Resources technical landscape.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering team, solving complex business problems together
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers
- Implementing scalable system solutions is required
- We're looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
- Discerning. You have a strong familiarity with a wide variety of technologies and understand the importance of selecting the right technology tool for the task
- Insatiably Curious. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
- Automator. You know what continuous integration means, and believe automation is the path to happiness. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from tests to environment provisioning
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years' experience with RESTful APIs using XML, XLST, or Java
- At least 2 years' experience developing applications
- At least 2 years' experience with infrastructure designs, implementations, and support
- At least 2 years' experience with Agile principles
- Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 1+ years' experience with Workday or other Human Resources platforms
- 1+ years' experience with Salesforce
- AWS Certification (Cloud Practitioner, Developer or Solutions Architect)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top