Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We may look like a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies. A tech company that engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking. A tech company that's changing banking for good.
Great - and always improving – resiliency and recovery strategies are an essential ingredient of our current and future success. We are actively seeking talented engineering specialists who can own development and support of applications and systems that will enable and drive resilient and recoverable solutions on a massive scale by mastering the full depth of the stack.
As an engineering-focused Resiliency & Recovery Innovation Lead, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex problems of scale which are unique to tech companies while using your expertise in delivery and support of critical services. With a passion for DevOps and continuous improvement, you will be encouraged to raise the bar for other engineering specialists to help take their capabilities to the next level.
- Driving project/service delivery/deployment
- Performing as technical lead on software deployment projects
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and testing
- Building Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Building dev, test and production environments in Amazon Web Services
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production
- Instrumenting applications for automated monitoring and alerting
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of leading development and production support teams
- At least 5 years of experience in full stack software development
- At least 3 years of experience with modern DevOps practices and principles
- At least 1 year of AWS cloud services configuration and administration
- At least 2 years as an Agile Practitioner
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of Github or 2+ years of Subversion
- 5+ year of Java or 5+ years of Ruby or 5+ years of Python
- 2+ years of Jenkins
- 1+ year of Artifactory
- 1+ year of Cucumber or 1+ year of Selenium
- 2+ years of Chef or 2+ years of Puppet or 2+ years of Ansible
- 1+ year of Splunk or 1+ year of Blue Stripe or 1+ year of Zabbix
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top