Software Engineer, DevOps
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, DevOpsJob
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask “what if?”
Capital One is currently seeking an experienced DevOps Software Engineer to help enhance automated test coverage for mainframe & distributed applications (ATDD, functional, regression, end to end testing). This candidate will also train Engineers on test automation, execution and troubleshooting. Within this role you will work with the IT Development and other IT team members to refine and clarify requirements for development process automation. You will also work to improve software development and deployment guidelines and tools relating to the following areas of software devops: source management and branching, build, deploy and unit/acceptance/performance testing.
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies
- Proficiency in development, test automation, release management and infrastructure
- Technical problem solving skills
- Supports development of process automation initiatives and projects
- Effectively communicate guideline and tool usage to IT Development and other IT team members
- Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products to ensure that our assets are effectively and efficiently utilized
- Execute Proof of Concepts on behalf of configuration management, CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) practice, assessing new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate practices across multiple development environments
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality
- Experience with one of more of the following: Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Sonar, GitHub, AnthillPro, uBuild, ANT, NANT
- Bachelor Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of AWS experience using EC2 or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Formation or at least 2 years of experience Cloud Watch
- At least 2 years of experience with CHEF or at least 2 years of experience Docker, or at least 2 years of experience Puppet, or at least 2 years of experience Ruby, or at least 2 years of experience Perl, or at least 2 years of experience Python.
- At least 2 years of experience with Continuous Integration tool sets.
- At least 2 years of experience with uDeploy
- At least 2 years of experience designing and developing automated application builds and deployments.
- At least 2 years of experience with Linux/UNIX or at least 2 years of experience with Apache Tomcat
- At least 2 years of experience with the automated build and deployment management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
UX Design Researcher
At Capital One’s user research lab facility, The Garage, in Plano, Texas, Michelle tests usability, examines customer behavior, and constructs the best customer-centered home and auto loan products.
Back to top