Software Engineer, Cloud Tools
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Cloud Tools
Are you contributing daily to your team's code or the Open Source Community? Cloud Custodian is a tool that unifies the dozens of tools and scripts most organizations use for managing their AWS accounts into one open source tool. It's a stateless rules engine for policy definition and enforcement, with metrics and detailed reporting for AWS. Check out our github page on Cloud Custodian! This is what you'll be working on!
Our Cloud Custodian team is growing as we migrate our infrastructure more to a multi-cloud environment. We're looking for people passionate about the Cloud and giving back to the Open Source Community. We're enabling users to maximize their clouds in a more cost and operational efficient manner. You'll have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
- Lead a team of software engineers (Python, Cloud, Open Source SME's)
- Bring enthusiasm and experience utilizing and contributing back to Open Source technology environments
- Contribute to the development of Cloud Custodian open source code and help ensure compliance through the use of the tool
- Work with product owners and Cloud Governance to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in an Agile environment
- At least 3 years of experience building and supporting applications in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- At least 5 years of experience writing code for applications in production
- Master's degree
- 3+ years of Python coding experience
- 5+ years of Cloud experience
- 2+ years of experience using AWS APIs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top