Software Engineer, Cloud
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Engineer, Cloud
Do you want to change the way the world banks? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best people in the industry? Are you a person that gets excited at leading through change? Do you have a desire to further your knowledge of lean principles and platform management in the Cloud? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Capital One is in the midst of a massive transformation migrating away from internal data centers to the Public Cloud. We are actively hiring individuals to support the Cloud Business Office. The Business office manages complex, highly-critical application and data migration initiatives from data centers to the Public Cloud with a focus on risk, cost and resiliency. You will liaise between application teams, horizontal services and the Cloud Business Office to quickly drive decisions. You'll bring experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few
- Plan, define, track implementation and sustain migration of applications from Data Centers to Public Cloud
- Track risks, issues and impediments and ensure timely resolution
- Define and maintain systems/applications configurations
- Perform data analytics to support job functions
- Review, analyze and modify application systems
- Develop metrics for status tracking and dashboards. Supports development of consolidated view of dependencies, progress and impediments across all lines of business
- Provide overall budget management of migration investment
- Provide continuous process improvements and enablement for automation & self-service
- Manage and tracks asset disposition, reclamation, reallocation and decommissioning activities
- Track status/progress of planned application retirement.
Technical Climate Includes:
- Change Control, Infrastructure implementation, Service Desk specifically within Cloud environment
- Developing Project Plans; using industry tools
- Managing deployments in Public Cloud environments
- Providing solutions involving Cloud service offerings
- Collaborative team environments
- Windows servers, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Excel data manipulation / analysis
- Infrastructure and Network components, data models, configuration management and Service manager tools.
- Providing consultative customer interaction and guidance
- Initiate and lead business correspondence via oral or written communication, also including formal business presentation
- Will have the latitude to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units
- 3 years of business analysis, platform engineering, OR scrum management experience
- Master’s degree
- Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Professional
- PMP, Lean or Six sigma certification
- SQL development and queries
- AWS certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or [email protected]
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
UX Design Researcher
At Capital One’s user research lab facility, The Garage, in Plano, Texas, Michelle tests usability, examines customer behavior, and constructs the best customer-centered home and auto loan products.
Back to top