7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Senior Software Engineer, you'll work on infrastructure and application performance monitoring and optimization using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services and back-end systems. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Python, Spring modules, AngularJS, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, Relational databases, Chef, Maven, Devops tools, Docker, AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Partner with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and build world-class solutions using the latest technologies which enable speed to market.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- In this role, your responsibility will be to develop, configure and manage the tools needed to automate the monitoring of our cloud hosted infrastructure & application suite
- As such, you will collaborate closely with multiple teams for enablement, issues resolutions working with vendors, product feature enhancements, evaluation and implementation of new products/features to contribute to the organizational goals of cost and efficiency optimization.
Who you are:
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience building cloud based software
- At least 2 years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- 2+ years of experience in REST API web services
- 2+ year of experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- 1+ year of experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sysdig, or Pinpoint
- 1+ year of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top