201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a team, we come to work every day looking to build digital experiences that are authentic and bold. We'll improve, iterate and reimagine current digital platforms as we sharpen and create the next generation of our services. Our team is growing and we're looking for engineers who lead by doing, have a passion for solving problems and who exude professionalism every day.
At Capital One, we are rethinking our approach to banking, core banking systems, and core banking processing. In an increasingly real-time world, building modern, flexible core technology is critical to enable the banking platform of the future. Nothing is off limits as we explore new approaches and rapidly iterate to test and learn our way to a modern core banking environment. Unusual in the banking world, our engineers are empowered and encouraged to explore ideas in the cloud as we migrate and build our new core technology stacks. We operate in small, delivery driven Agile teams and use the best industry tools to work and collaborate.
What you'll do:
- Be a productive member of a high-quality Engineering team that solves high-value platform, product, or business problems in rapid succession and autonomy
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Ensure sound technical decisions are being made in your teams and that Agile practices are being observed
- Inspire your team members through contributing toward a great culture and leading by example
- Influence outcomes by sharing your opinions and providing thought leadership where appropriate
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-boxthinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience building software in a continuous integration environment
- At least 2 years of experience delivering software in the public cloud AWS
- Master's Degree in Computer Science.
- At least 1 year of experience with production experience working in Scala or Go
- At least 1 year of experience using TDD practices
- At least 1 year of experience in banking or FinTech
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top