McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web apps and backend services to mobile applications using cutting-edge tools and frameworks. Join Capital One in an engineering role and shape the next phase of innovation for fintech.
Are you a hands-on problem solver who seeks to understand a domain and solve its complex engineering or data challenges? Do you want to be empowered to influence the technology choices to get the job done? Are you the disruptor that pushes the envelope through innovation and new ideas, questioning the why and considering the what if? We want to speak with you.
Check out the role and responsibilities below, and apply today!
- Write, design, code, test, implement, debug, and validate applications; document design decisions and develop modular software components; monitor system performance metrics, and identify potential risks/issues.
- Collaborate in an Agile scrum team with product owners and fellow software engineers to deliver upon most important business and technical priorities.
- Provide active mentorship/guidance to fellow members of the agile tech team and participate in internal and external technology conference & communities.
What you would expect to work on here: Object Oriented Languages (Java, C# and Go), Cloud Based Technologies (AWS, DevOps and Serverless), Front End Frameworks (Angular, React, Node.js), Cutting Edge Data Tools (Python, Spark, Machine Learning) and Next Generation technologies (AI, Blockchain).
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 Years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, JMS and Java tools and technologies
- At least 1 year of experience in Cloud Technologies
- Master's Degree or PhD
- 3+ years Java and Python development experience
- 3+ years' experience with Relational and NoSQL Database Systems (PostgreSQL or Redshift)
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- 2+ years of experience working with CICD pipeline (Jenkins)
- 2+ years of experience with acceptance test driven development (ATDD) using Cucumber
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience with data processing at scale using Apache Spark
- 1+ years of experience with event-driven, serverless computing platforms such as AWS Lambda
- 1+ years of experience in developing large and complex event processing platforms
- 1+ Year experience working with Big Data Technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Storm and Kafka
- Awareness of Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, and Machine Learning is a big plus
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top