Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master cloud engineers who can envision next generation software innovations. Our team is enthusiastic, collaborative, innovative and eager to support our rapidly changing world of applications and cloud automation. You play a critical role responsible for design, implementation and automation of complex cloud application. Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a team of talented engineers that enjoy working together.
Responsibilities (Hands on):
- Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloudformation etc.
- Contribute in the DevOps team to build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS
- Lead and Mentor Cloud Engineers
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Continuously improve deployment strategies and testing to support our goal of 100% up-time
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
- You are self-starter that is smart, curious and always motivated to stay on top of technical trends
- You have experience with Linux/Unix and Windows deployments
- You have designed, monitored and managed scalable and fault-tolerant deployments
- You have experience with continuous integration, log collection and analysis, builds and performance monitoring/tuning of your infrastructure
- You take initiative and enjoy working with engineers to make the software development process as painless as possible
- You are comfortable writing scripts in ruby/bash/groovy/python (at least two of those).
- Experience in Build and CI/CD/CT technologies like GitHub, Chef, Artifactory, Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins, Atlas, Cucumber
- Experienced in Cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Familiar with Agile methodologies like Scrum, SAFe and Kanban
- Contributed to Open-Source and/or public GitHub projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Linux Shell scripting
- At least 2 years of experience in large-scale projects
- At least 2 years of experience with cloud related technologies like AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
- At least 2 years of experience with CM and Orchestration technologies like Docker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, Terraform
- Certified in Java, AWS, Microsoft, Jenkins, Chef or related technologies
- 2+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey
- 2+ years of experience in database technologies like, SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- 4+ years of experience with scripting languages like Ruby, Python, Perl
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top