Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Accountable for delivery of a portion of a platform, or project (Agile team) initiative. This role is part of building large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
- Develops a framework with some complexity (e.g. IRIS, UPF)
- Understands basic networking and security design concepts
- Has a working knowledge of standards and languages
- Has expertise over required domains / software packages
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Able to breakdown complex integration issues and resolve them
- Looks to leverage and espouse standards across the team and organization
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Contributes to cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Enterprise Cloud Deployments
- At least 1 year of Enterprise AWS Deployments
- At least 1 year of experience with Scripting Languages – (Python or BASH)
- At least 1 year of overall technical support and development experience
- Master's Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- AWS Certification
- 2 years of Enterprise Cloud Deployments
- 2 years of Enterprise AWS Deployments
- 2 years of experience with Scripting Languages – (Python orBASH)
- 2 years of overall technical support and development experience
- Create Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups
- Capability in architecture design and infrastructure assessment
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
At this time Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top