7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Software Engineer, you will work with a data science team to develop applications that use machine learning to analyze large data sets.
- Contribute to the codebase by developing new Microservices/APIs in Java/Python/Node.js
- Evaluates new technologies and stays current with tech Industry's best practices
- Deep knowledge of core engineering fundamentals and apply them to build world class next generation of product experiences
- Develop/use APIs on multiple systems like AWS, InfluxDB, HP Applications, google, amazon, ngnix, LUA to build/enhance internal applications
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database, such as MongoDB, Cassandra or HBase
- Full stack developer who is willing to explore new development techniques and technologies
- Have good analytical, problem solving skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Have passion for both technology & customer experience
- Able to quickly adopt emerging open source technologies and enhance/contribute
Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
2+ years of experience with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Nifi or StreamSets
1+ years of experience building applications in AWS or any cloud environment
2+ years of experience working with New Emerging technologies (BigData, Machine Learning, Open Source or Cloud)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top