Software Developer - Polyglot
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Developer - Polyglot
Are you excited by the challenge of building systems that help millions of consumers and small businesses manage their finances? Are you a passionate software engineer who likes to use a variety of languages and tools? Are you excited by building and deploying cloud-based systems?
We have several teams devoted to account aggregation solutions that empower our customers to access and control their financial data regardless of which financial institutions or applications they use.
We are looking for exceptional polyglot Software Engineers at all levels to join our team. We expect our engineers to build expertise in two or more disciplines (e.g., API development, DevOps, performance testing, ATDD, databases, etc.). Our teams deliver high quality software quickly and embrace an ownership mentality - we build, test, deploy, and support our solutions. We typically ship code to our AWS production environments multiple times per week without any downtime.
If you take pride in your work, love to write code in multiple languages, know how to solve complex problems, and want to see your work used in a high-traffic production environment, please consider joining our team.
- Designing scalable systems and RESTful APIs for high-traffic, zero-downtime systems
- Writing clean and concise code that is well-tested, easy to maintain, and consistent with existing patterns in our codebase
- Applying appropriate design patterns and SOLID/DRY principles to given solutions and understanding the trade-offs between scope, quality, and cost
- Clearly communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders
- At least 5 years of experience in software development including design, coding, and testing
- At least 2 year of Linux command line or scripting experience
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Minor in Computer science
- 1+ years of experience with Java 8, Spring, and JUnit
- 1+ years of experience with database design and query optimization
- 1+ years of experience with Netflix OSS (e.g., Hystrix)
- 1+ years of experience with caching (e.g., Redis, memcached)
- 1+ years of experience with Git
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top