Software Developer - Java - APIs
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Developer - Java - APIs
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Software Engineers with full-stack experience and expertise in technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience of building APIs using Java technologies with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production and provide technical leadership/supervision to other engineers. This project will entail backend programming of APIs relating to Capital One's digital payment platforms.
- Develop java-based solutions
- Perform engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Understand the big picture, and be able to conceptualize complex technology options and solutions
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Support QA testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Leading other engineers
- Presenting at communities of practices
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Application Development using Java, J2EE, and Spring
- At least 2 years of experience writing SQL queries
- At least 2 years of experience developing RESTful web services
- At least 2 years of experience with Git Version Control, Eclipse, Ant, or Maven
- 2+ years of experience in developing UNIX and Shell Scripts
- 1+ years of experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, and SoapUI
- 2+ years of experience using Spring or Jersey for deploying on public cloud
- Certified in Java, Spring or AWS technologies
- 2+ years of experience with NoSQL database
- 2+ years of experience with Big Data technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Angular JS
- 1+ years of experience with Machine Learning
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top