Software Developer, Java
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Developer, Java
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
Capital One is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer, Java Developer with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have experience performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms and provide technical leadership/supervision to the developers.
- Driving project/service delivery.
- Performing as technical lead on software development projects with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Documenting design decisions and ensuring adherences
- Enforcing existing process guidelines
- Mentoring junior developers
- Supporting QA during testing, and oversight during implementation into production.
- Conducting design & code reviews
- Tracking developers' bandwidth to assist in resource allocation.
- Supporting PM in technical tasks & delivery schedule development
- Reviewing system test scenarios & test cases.
- Monitoring operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Providing oversight to Vendor's technical design and code delivery
- At least 5 years experience in software development
- At least 3 years experience in Java development
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years experience in JVM based web application development
- 2+ years experience in HTML5 and CSS
- 3+ Years of experience in Spring framework
- 3+ Years of experience using JUNIT
- 3+ Years of experience using SOAPUI
- 3+ Years of experience using Web Service Test Tools
- Certifications in Sun Java Programming/Development
- Certifications in Oracle
- Certifications in SOA Suite Spring framework
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top