West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Software Engineer
Capital One is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and dedicated Sr Software Engineer who is passionate about development and is seeking an opportunity to build APIs and applications from the ground up. You will join a group of creative thinkers and builders within Digital who blend Engineering and Information Security to create secure enterprise solutions that both enhance our ability to authenticate customers and improve upon Capital One's overall security posture.
This candidate will work on everything from customer-facing web applications, highly-available RESTful services, and back-end Java based systems. Our ideal candidate is someone who can bring solid experience in emerging and traditional development technologies with a special interest in Information Security and building new applications that will augment Capital Ones ability to stay secure. We are looking for advanced skillsets in technologies such as: Java, node.js, AngularJS, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a wide spectrum of development tools and technologies
- Work with our team to create full stack applications and toolset plugins that will focus on improving Capital One's security posture and authentication services
- Connect with our internal/external partner API's for enhanced visibility and management of security tools across various applications and platforms
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resiliency, and scalability of your solutions
- Automate build and deploy processes.
- At least 5 years experience in Java software development
- At least 2 years experience in front-end technologies like HTML, CSS and Angular.
- At least 3 years experience in Agile practices
Preferred Qualifications: -
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Bachelor's Degree in computer science or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology Or Bachelor's Degree in electronics and communication
- AWS Experience and/or Certifications
- Identity and Access Management Development Experience
- Information Security Experience and/or Certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor new applicant for this role.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top