Software Cloud Engineer
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Software Cloud Engineer
Capital One is seeking talented thinkers and master cloud engineers who can envision next generation software innovations. Our team is enthusiastic, collaborative, innovative and eager to support our rapidly changing world of applications and cloud automation. You play a critical role responsible for design, implementation and automation of complex cloud applications. Thriving on collaborative innovation, you will join a team of talented engineers that enjoy working together.
Responsibilities (Hands on):
• Develop procedures to automate various systems and tasks (e.g. automating code builds and deployments) using Jenkins, Git, Docker, Chef, Cloudformation etc.
• Contribute in the DevOps team to build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS
• Collaborating with other tech leads and support teams to ensure integrated end-to-end availability, reliability, and performance
• Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
• Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
• Utilize automation techniques to solve for security and compliance vulnerabilities as well cost-saving opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of experience with build and CI/CD/CT technologies
• At least 2 years of experience in Linux Shell scripting
• At least 2 years of experience with cloud technologies AWS, Azure, GCE, or OpenStack
• At least 2 years of experience with CM/Orchestration technologies Docker, Puppet, Salt, Ansible, Chef, or Terraform
• At least 1 year of experience in one of the following Enterprise Monitoring Tools Splunk, BlueStripe, Zabbix, HPOM, Diagnostics, Sitescope, BSM, AppResponse, CA-Unicenter, or ELK
• 2+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey
• 2+ years of experience in database technologies like, SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
• 2+ years of experience in front-end web development using React or Angular
• 2+ years of experience with scripting languages like Ruby, Python, Perl At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
• AWS Certification
Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top