Social Media Strategy, Senior Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Social Media Strategy, Senior Manager
Are you a passionate social media marketer with a track record of delivering breakthrough results? Are you a strategic thought leader with experience leading a strong team driving social media marketing for big brands? If you're persuasive, analytically rigorous, highly collaborative, and adept at bringing ideas to life in creative ways you may be the perfect match for our Senior Brand Manager position.
This high-profile role will lead the social media marketing strategy for lines of business including Consumer Bank and Spark Business teams. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand business drivers, consumer needs and industry trends to develop and test new social media concepts and build support for them through formal and informal channels. The candidate will also be responsible for leading the team to execute and measure the results of the social media initiatives.
What the Social Media Strategist will do:
- Own the social strategy for Consumer Bank and Spark Business – Card and Bank
- Drive strategy, content and campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.
- Develop a pipeline of go-to-market campaigns in support of business objectives
- Lead the integration of our marketing communications efforts into social media
- Oversee the creative marketing process, including day-to-day management of agencies and budget
- Define the social media customer experience and ensure that it meets the needs of our target consumers and lives up to our Brand promise
- Determine metrics of success and assess effectiveness of social marketing initiatives and investments; influence investment decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking.
- Manage a team of 3-5 direct reports
What you will bring to the role:
- Proven track record managing agencies and delivering standout creative.
- Ability to partner effectively with cross-functional teams, work autonomously, and navigate ambiguity (including senior stakeholders, creative teams, operations, legal, PR etc.
- Persuasive communicator both orally and in writin
- Demonstrated history of delivering marketing innovation for large scale brand
- Skilled relationship-builder with strong aptitude for client relationship management
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing of consumer and/or small business products and services with heavy emphasis on digital.
- At least 3 years of social media marketing experience, including analyzing, planning, and executing social media campaigns.
- At least 10 years of experience in marketing or advertising with a heavy emphasis on digital.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top