Small Business Loan Advocate 3 (BLA 3)
Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Small Business Loan Advocate 3 (BLA 3)
The Business Loan Advocate 3 is an experienced, qualified individual who is responsible for coordinating loan closings, preparing and reviewing loan documents, booking and funding loans, and ensuring all loan documents are accurately prepared in accordance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements, while providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Apply job knowledge and documentation expertise to a diverse array of complex lending products.
- Prepare complex commercial loan documents using in-house documentation software platform (LaserPro or Word templates) for new loans, renewals, extensions and modifications.
- Conduct lien searches and related due diligence tasks to determine appropriate actions to resolve outstanding lien issues and deliver lien documents to designated vendors.
- Review loan documents prepared by other associates or outside counsel to ensure compliance with the Bank's loan policy, applicable banking regulations and with any other requirements designated by the credit approval authority, and authorize the closing of such loans.
- Review organizational documents, appraisals, surveys and other third party documents to ensure conformity with bank standards.
- Analyze due diligence documentation and prepare necessary lien perfection documents to protect banks security interest in pledged collateral.
- Accurately book and fund loans in a timely fashion.
- Assist in identifying and clearing any exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
- Coordinate the issuance of letters of credit, including renewals and amendments.
- Interact with underwriters, relationship managers, customers, agent banks, attorneys, and insurance agents to ensure all conditions are met for closing.
- Instruct new associates and serve as a training resource for less experienced associates in the department.
- Manage a complex workload that includes multiple tasks and conflicting priorities.
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance and attend seminars and workshops covering regulatory and compliance issues.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 5 years of banking or financial services experience
- At least 2 years of experience in loan administration and documentation
- At least 2 years customer service experience in a consumer, mortgage, or commercial lending support role
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting and/or Finance, supplemented with Business Management courses or paralegal certification
- 7+ years of banking and financial services experience
- 5+ years of experience in loan administration and documentation
- 5+ years of customer service experience in a consumer, mortgage, or commercial lending support role
- Expert knowledge of lending processes, loan principles and terminology related to banking laws and regulations, as they pertain to loan disclosures and requirements.
- Expert knowledge of consumer and commercial loan documentation, collateral perfection, title insurance, UCC filing, compliance requirements, lending policies and procedures, and loan/funding terminology.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, commercial loan processing, documentation, and/or paralegal experience may be considered
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top